Thursday, October 24, 2013

Weekly Learning - Basic Shapes

I know I haven't posted in a while. We have been potty training our little toddler.... so I'll just use that as my excuse for not posting anything for a while. Haha :)

We actually did our Weekly Learning: Shapes, a couple of weeks ago but then things got crazy and I didn't have time to post about what we did. So here ya go!

Day 1: Songs

My daughter loved these 2 YouTube songs. The "I'm a Square" one was stuck in my head all week long!!

I'm a Square..."

Shape Song

Day 2: Activity

I used paper and cut out all the basic shapes.

We just spread them all out on the floor and and practiced them. I would point to one and ask her, "What shape?" and we just kept reviewing them each day and she picked it up really quickly!

Day 3: Get Out

We didn't really do a "Get Out" activity during our week about shapes but we did look for different shapes on objects around our house.

 For example, I pointed out how how her cereal bowl had a circle and how the mirror on our wall was a square, etc... Your toddler will start to pick up on how basic shapes are everywhere and even start to point them out to you!

Day 4: Activity

We made Jello Jigglers and cut them into different shapes and used it to practice reviewing the shapes my toddler learned that week. Then after you practice your toddler can eat and play with the Jello!

Day 5: Library Day

Shapes - Magnetic Book: Magnetic Play & Learn - I want this book!

Away We Go by Chieu Anh Urban - I want this book too!! Maybe we'll get them for our kids for Christmas :)

We also did shape puzzles because we had some already. It was really fun for K to say the shape as she put each piece into the puzzle. Have fun with shapes these week!

No comments:

Post a Comment