Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Treat Day - Rainbow Jello

I got this idea from my amazing sister-in-law, Stacie. She is the best! And she has 3 of the cutest little kids ever!! When we were visiting them out in Nebraska about 1.5 years ago, she made Rainbow Jello with her little girl.  I thought it was the funnest idea and wanted to try it this week with my little girl! :)

So it's really simple but it takes time. 

You'll need to buy a box of Jello for each color of the rainbow. 

Get a dish of some sort. 

 Make the first box of RED Jello. Pour it into the pan and let it thicken in the fridge.

When it's thickened all the way, make the next box of ORANGE Jello. Pour it over the red layer and put it back in the fridge to thicken.

And then repeat the process with each box of Jello!

YELLOW.

GREEN.

BLUE.

PURPLE 
(for purple I used Black raspberry)


 Like I said, it takes time but is so fun how it turns out! Here is my first layer:



And here is a picture of after all the layers are done:



Also, since I'd never done this before I was wondering if it was even working, since it looked totally black except around the very edges... but don't worry, it works! You just have to cut it to see the colors.

The yellow didn't really show up much but it still looks cool!

Then we cut the Jello into shapes since that's what our "Weekly Learning" topic is for the week. 

I quizzed my toddler on the names of each shape :)  And then she had a ton of fun playing with the Jello with her hands. Yes, after all that work making cool, fun "Rainbow Jello", she spit it out as soon as she tried it. Haha! Oh well, it was still fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment