Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tuesday Treat Day- Homemade Cheddar Crackers

We did actually do this on Tuesday but I haven't found the time to post about it until now :) We've been busy! 

I found the recipe for these Homemade Cheddar Crackers HERE.

They are delicious! 

But as a fair word of warning, they aren't the best thing to make with the help of a toddler. I tried to have my little girl help pour ingredients in and all but the rolling and cutting out part wasn't super fantastic to have toddler help with. I would suggest doing that part by yourself.

I definitely want to try these again when I have more time... like maybe if I ever get both of my kids to take naps at the same time. Haha :)


What you need:

- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 

- 4 T. cold butter, cubed

- 1 c. flour

- 3/4 t. salt

- 2T cold water


What you do:

- Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough becomes crumbly

- Then add the water, one tablespoon at a time and pulse

- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.

- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. 

Roll it pretty thin. The recipe didn't say how thin but I can tell you I didn't get mine thin enough and they turned out a little on the chewy side... but still yummy! And I really want to find mini cookie cutters now... :)

- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crispy

- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment